Marinated Shrimp With Rosemary
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 appetizer servings
More From Southern Living
Chill: 6 Hours
- 2 pounds unpeeled, large raw shrimp (21/25 count)
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup capers, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. salt
- 1 medium-size red or white onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1. Bring 6 cups salted water to a boil; add shrimp, and cook 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Drain and rinse with cold water. Peel shrimp, leaving tails on. Devein, if desired.
- 2. Combine vinegar and next 6 ingredients in a shallow dish; add shrimp alternately with onion. Cover and chill 6 to 24 hours, turning often. Drain shrimp mixture, discarding liquid, before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note