Marinated Shrimp Bruschetta
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 47
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Protein: 3.3g
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 3.7g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 81mg
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- 1 pound shrimp (36 to 42 per lb.), shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, chopped
- 1 baguette (8 oz.)
- 1 Roma tomato (3 oz.)
- 1/4 cup minced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 1/4 pound fresh chèvre (goat) cheese
- 1. In a 4- to 5-quart pan over high heat, bring about 2 quarts water to a boil. Add shrimp, cover, and cook just until opaque in thickest part (cut to test), about 2 minutes. Drain.
- 2. In a bowl, mix oil, vinegar, garlic, capers, and shrimp. Cover and chill, stirring occasionally, at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
- 3. Trim tips from ends of baguette and cut remaining bread crosswise into 36 equal slices. Set slices on racks on a 14- by 17-inch baking sheet.
- 4. Bake in a 425° oven until golden, 6 to 8 minutes. If making ahead, store cool slices airtight up to 4 hours.
- 5. Seed and finely chop tomato. Add tomato, bell pepper, and onion to shrimp mixture. Season with salt to taste.
- 6. Spread cheese on toast. Place vegetables and 1 shrimp on each piece.
- Nutritional analysis per piece.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This