- 1 pound shrimp (36 to 42 per lb.), shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, chopped
- 1 baguette (8 oz.)
- 1 Roma tomato (3 oz.)
- 1/4 cup minced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 1/4 pound fresh chèvre (goat) cheese
- calories 47
- caloriesfromfat 38 %
- protein 3.3 g
- fat 2 g
- satfat 0.8 g
- carbohydrate 3.7 g
- fiber 0.2 g
- sodium 81 mg
- cholesterol 18 mg
How to Make It
In a 4- to 5-quart pan over high heat, bring about 2 quarts water to a boil. Add shrimp, cover, and cook just until opaque in thickest part (cut to test), about 2 minutes. Drain.
In a bowl, mix oil, vinegar, garlic, capers, and shrimp. Cover and chill, stirring occasionally, at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
Trim tips from ends of baguette and cut remaining bread crosswise into 36 equal slices. Set slices on racks on a 14- by 17-inch baking sheet.
Bake in a 425° oven until golden, 6 to 8 minutes. If making ahead, store cool slices airtight up to 4 hours.
Seed and finely chop tomato. Add tomato, bell pepper, and onion to shrimp mixture. Season with salt to taste.
Spread cheese on toast. Place vegetables and 1 shrimp on each piece.
Nutritional analysis per piece.