Marinated Shrimp and Artichokes
Yield: 12 appetizer servings
- 4 1/2 pounds unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
- 3 quarts water
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/3 cup POMPEIAN Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash of garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon horseradish sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- Lettuce leaves
- Boil shrimp in 3 quarts water 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired. Combine shrimp and artichoke hearts in a large bowl.
- Whisk together oil and next 11 ingredients, and pour over shrimp mixture. Cover and chill 8 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve shrimp mixture in lettuce-lined bowls.
- Note: You may cook the shrimp in batches with less water, or purchase 2 1/2 pounds peeled, steamed shrimp at the seafood counter at your supermarket, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers