Marinated Shrimp-and-Fennel Salad
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 to 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh jalapeño pepper
- 12 jumbo fresh shrimp
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 medium-size fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Garnish: cilantro sprigs
- Stir together 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails intact; devein, if desired. Set aside.
- Bring water to a boil; dip shrimp in vodka, and add to boiling water. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Drain and plunge into ice water. Drain and pat dry with paper towels. Add shrimp to onion mixture; toss well. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Combine fennel, remaining olive oil, salt, and pepper, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice; toss well; cover and chill 2 hours.
- To serve, spoon fennel mixture onto 2 individual serving plates. Arrange shrimp around fennel; drizzle remaining onion mixture over shrimp. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Marinated Shrimp-and-Fennel Salad Recipe at a Glance