I make this for every party I host and everyone loves it! I have several friends who always ask me to bring this to their parties, too. IF you have leftovers (and that's doubtful), the shrimp is great on a bed of lettuce the next day.
- 2 pounds unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
- 6 cups salted water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup capers, undrained
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 medium white or red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on. Devein, if desired.
- Bring 6 cups salted water to a boil; add shrimp, and cook 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Drain and rinse with cold water. Chill.
- Combine sugar and next 5 ingredients in a shallow dish; add shrimp alternately with onion. Cover and chill at least 6 hours, turning often.
- Drain shrimp, and discard marinade before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This