i followed this recipe for my wife & she loved it. thanks!
Marinated Salmon with Mango-Kiwi Relish
Marinate salmon fillets in a homemade mixture of honey, soy sauce, and olive oil, cook in a grill pan or skillet, and serve with a homemade fruit relish for an easy salmon entree with a tropical twist. Pair with mixed greens and steamed couscous for a complete meal.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 321
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fat: 13.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Protein: 36.8g
- Carbohydrate: 10.9g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 128mg
- Calcium: 33mg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup diced peeled mango
- 1/2 cup cubed peeled kiwifruit
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- To prepare salmon, combine first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add fish to bag; seal. Marinate 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- While fish marinates, heat grill pan or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove fish from bag, discarding marinade. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish, and cook 5 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- While fish cooks, prepare the relish. Combine mango and the remaining ingredients. Serve over fish.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note