- 1 pound asparagus spears
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup bottled roasted red bell peppers, drained and cut into thin strips
- calories 98
- fat 3.8 g
- satfat 0.5 g
- protein 3.0 g
- carbohydrate 15.7 g
- cholesterol 0 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 229 mg
- caloriesfromfat 31 %
- fiber 2.6 g
- calcium 32 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces; trim and place in a large bowl. Add garlic and 1 teaspoon olive oil; toss well. Line a jelly roll pan with foil; coat foil with cooking spray. Spread asparagus mixture in a single layer.
Bake at 450° for 8 to 10 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
Combine remaining 2 teaspoons oil, vinegar, and remaining ingredients in a serving bowl. Add asparagus mixture; stir until asparagus is coated. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.