Marinated Potato Salad with Summer Vegetables
Yield: Makes 10 to 12 servings
- 12 small new potatoes (about 2 pounds), unpeeled
- 1/4 cup rice or malt vinegar
- 1/2 pound asparagus
- 1/4 pound green beans
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 2/3 cup diced celery
- 2/3 cup diced cucumber
- 2/3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Cook potatoes in a Dutch oven in boiling water to cover 15 to 18 minutes or until tender; drain and cool slightly. Cut into bite-size pieces. Drizzle potatoes with rice vinegar; toss gently.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus, and discard; cut asparagus and green beans into 1-inch pieces. Cook asparagus and green beans in boiling water to cover 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and add to potato mixture. Add onion and next 3 ingredients; toss gently.
- Whisk together mustard and next 4 ingredients; gradually whisk in oil until blended. Drizzle over potato mixture; toss gently. Sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note