This sandwich is amazing! Sooooo goood! I usually only like cooked mushrooms but the olive oil marinade made them taste great. And the cheese mixture was delicious. My whole family loved it.
Marinated Portobello Panini
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 15 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 279
- Fat: 11.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Protein: 9.7g
- Carbohydrate: 34.9g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 753mg
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Calcium: 117mg
- 1 (6-ounce) package pre-sliced portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat olive oil vinaigrette
- 1 (12-ounce) loaf Italian or ciabatta bread
- 1/3 cup light garlic-and-herbs spreadable cheese (such as Alouette Light)
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 8 slices
- Cooking spray
- Place mushrooms in a quart-size zip-top plastic bag. Add vinaigrette; seal bag, and gently toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- . While mushrooms marinate, cut bread loaf in half horizontally. Hollow out top and bottom halves of loaf, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Reserve torn bread for another use.
- . Combine cheeses in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 15 seconds or until soft. Add olives, mustard, and garlic; stir well. Spread mixture on bottom half of loaf; top with basil, tomato, and mushrooms. Top with remaining half of loaf. Coat both sides of sandwich with cooking spray.
- . Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; place sandwich in pan. Place a piece of foil over sandwich; top with a heavy skillet. Cook 2 minutes. Turn sandwich; replace foil and heavy skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into 4 equal portions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches