- 1 (6-ounce) package pre-sliced portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat olive oil vinaigrette
- 1 (12-ounce) loaf Italian or ciabatta bread
- 1/3 cup light garlic-and-herbs spreadable cheese (such as Alouette Light)
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 8 slices
- Cooking spray
- calories 279
- fat 11.3 g
- satfat 4.2 g
- protein 9.7 g
- carbohydrate 34.9 g
- cholesterol 16 mg
- iron 2.2 mg
- sodium 753 mg
- caloriesfromfat 36 %
- fiber 2.8 g
- calcium 117 mg
How to Make It
Place mushrooms in a quart-size zip-top plastic bag. Add vinaigrette; seal bag, and gently toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
. While mushrooms marinate, cut bread loaf in half horizontally. Hollow out top and bottom halves of loaf, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Reserve torn bread for another use.
. Combine cheeses in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 15 seconds or until soft. Add olives, mustard, and garlic; stir well. Spread mixture on bottom half of loaf; top with basil, tomato, and mushrooms. Top with remaining half of loaf. Coat both sides of sandwich with cooking spray.
. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; place sandwich in pan. Place a piece of foil over sandwich; top with a heavy skillet. Cook 2 minutes. Turn sandwich; replace foil and heavy skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into 4 equal portions.