Marinated Pork Roast
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) pork loin roast, boned, rolled, and tied
- Onion chrysanthemum (optional)
- Cherry tomato flowers (optional)
- Large bay leaves (optional)
- Combine soy sauce, sherry, mustard , ginger, thyme, and garlic in a shallow dish; stir well. Place roast in dish. Cover and marinate roast overnight in refrigerator; turn occasionally.
- Remove roast to a well-greased rack in a shallow roasting pan, reserving marinade. Insert meat thermometer, at an angle, into thickest part of roast.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 hours and 45 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 170°. Baste with reserved marinade every 15 minutes during last 45 minutes of cooking time.
- Remove roast to a serving platter. Garnish platter with onion chrysanthemum, cherry tomato flowers, and bay leaves, if desired. Let roast stand 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes