Love this quick and easy recipe. However, I did cut the amount of olive oil significantly, just covering the ingredients. Also, tend to eat it while the peppers are still warm!
Marinated Peppers and Mozzarella
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 83
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Sodium: 86mg
- 4 cups baby sweet peppers
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces fresh baby mozzarella balls
- 1/4 cup fresh small basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat broiler to high. Arrange sweet peppers in a single layer on a foil-lined jelly-roll pan; broil peppers 4 minutes on each side or until blackened and tender. Cool. Combine peppers, olive oil, garlic, lemon rind, crushed red pepper, salt, and baby mozzarella balls; toss. Cover and refrigerate overnight, tossing occasionally. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Stir in basil leaves and lemon juice before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon.
- Kitchen Notes: Serve this stunning dish solo as a predinner nosh, or spoon over mixed lettuces for a fresh spin on salad. Reserve excess oil, and toss it with steamed brown rice or noodles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Marinated Peppers and Mozzarella Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This