- 4 cups baby sweet peppers
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces fresh baby mozzarella balls
- 1/4 cup fresh small basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- calories 83
- fat 7.7 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- sodium 86 mg
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high. Arrange sweet peppers in a single layer on a foil-lined jelly-roll pan; broil peppers 4 minutes on each side or until blackened and tender. Cool. Combine peppers, olive oil, garlic, lemon rind, crushed red pepper, salt, and baby mozzarella balls; toss. Cover and refrigerate overnight, tossing occasionally. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Stir in basil leaves and lemon juice before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Kitchen Notes: Serve this stunning dish solo as a predinner nosh, or spoon over mixed lettuces for a fresh spin on salad. Reserve excess oil, and toss it with steamed brown rice or noodles.