Marinated Peppers, Artichokes, and Olives
Roasting the peppers adds a subtle, smoky flavor to this super easy and flavorful appetizer. Serve in small bowls as an antipasto along with breadsticks, aged cheese, and cured meats.
More From Coastal Living
Bake: 15 Minutes
Stand: 15 Minutes
- 3 red bell peppers
- 3 yellow bell peppers
- 2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke bottoms or small hearts, quartered
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cup mixed olives
- 3/4 cup extra virgin or virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence or dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat broiler with rack 6 inches away from heat. Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Broil, turning once, 15 minutes or until blackened and charred. Place peppers in a plastic storage bag, and seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel and discard skins; cut peppers into strips.
- 2. Combine peppers and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Transfer to 2 (1-quart) jars, if desired. Will keep in refrigerator up to 3 weeks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note