Made this salad s part of the meatless mexican meal for cinco de mayo. While the rest of the meal was delicious, I was dissapointed with this salad. It had way too much liquid and it very quickly turned soggy and it was somewhat flavorless. Will not be making again...
Marinated Orange-and-Cucumber Salad
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 179
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 4.6g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 33.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 81mg
- 5 1/4 cups scored, thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion rings
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 6 medium navel oranges
- 6 tablespoons commercial orange juice
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 cups ready-to-eat romaine salad (about 2/3 bag)
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a nonmetal dish; set aside.
- Grate 1 1/2 teaspoons rind from oranges; set aside. Peel and section oranges, reserving juice and membranes. Add sections to cucumber mixture. Squeeze membranes to extract juice; discard membranes. Measure reserved juice; add commercial orange juice, as needed, to equal 3/4 cup. Add rind, vinegar, sugar, and oil; stir well with a wire whisk. Pour over cucumber mixture; cover. Marinate in refrigerator 2 hours. Toss with romaine.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads