- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup walnut oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 (8-ounce) packages small fresh mushrooms
- Garnish: fresh sage
How to Make It
Whisk together first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; add mushrooms. Let stand at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve at room temperature with a slotted spoon. Garnish, if desired.
For Entertaining, High-Style 'Shrooms: Dress up this marinated mushroom salad by serving it in a footed dish or trifle bowl.
Wine & Dine: We recommend the following wines with dinner: Morgan Monterey Syrah, Chateau Souverain Dry Creek Zinfandel, or Bleasdale Langhorne Creek Shiraz-Cabernet.