Excellent all liked at Thanksgiving except J Rated 10 Yield 2 Cups Can use variety of mushrooms but I used button ones. Can fridge up to 1 mth if cover with oil and discard most of the aromatics. Do not use dried aromatics Jas suggested adding pearl onions
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) white wine
- 1/2 cup(s) white wine vinegar
- 3 bulb(s) med. sized garlic crushed not minced
- 2 strip(s) lemon zest (use peeler) 1x4" White removed
- 1 sprig(s) rosemary 4 inches
- 2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) fresh mushrooms trimmed
- Mix wine, vinegar, garlic lemon zest, rosemary, salt, red pepper flakes and black pepper for marinade. In saucepan simmer 5 min to infuse flavors.
- Clean mushrooms and if large cut in half. Heat 3 TB olive oil in skillet over med high heat. Add mushrooms and cook stirring until golden brown on one or 2 sides, 1 1/2 to 3 min. Should not be cooked all the way through.
- Put mushrooms and marinade in heatproof container and cool to room temp, cover and refrigerate overnight or a couple of days.
- Drain mushrooms, reserving garlic and discard the marinade and most of the aromatics. Pack mushrooms and garlic in container. Add enough of the olive oil to cover and refrigerate at least overnight and up to a month.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by amateurcook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Marinated Mushrooms Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers