A reader sent us this recipe that she's been making for over 40 years. We replaced the dried herbs with fresh oregano and parsley and added some garlic and onion to boost the flavor even more. These mushrooms make a great addition to an antipasti platter with cubes of cheese, a pile of olives, slivers of roasted red peppers and paper-thin slices of prosciutto. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/66.
Marinate: 8 Hours
- 1 pound(s) fresh cremini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 4 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar, or to taste
- 1 to 2 clove(s) minced garlic (optional)
- 1/4 cup(s) minced red onion
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh minced oregano
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh minced Italian parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) coriander seeds
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Simmer mushroom caps in salted water for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Add olive oil, vinegar, garlic, red onion, oregano, parsley, salt, peppercorns and coriander. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning. Marinate in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note