Marinated Mirlitons, Artichokes, and Peppers
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 (12-ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts
- 6 large mirlitons*
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red bell pepper
- Mixed salad greens
- Drain artichoke hearts, reserving liquid in a large bowl.
- Bring mirlitons and water to cover to a boil in a Dutch oven, and boil 45 to 50 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Peel mirlitons. Cut in half lengthwise; remove seeds, if desired. Cut mirliton halves into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Whisk together reserved liquid, basil, and next 5 ingredients. Add mirlitons, artichoke hearts, and bell pepper; toss well. Cover and chill 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve over salad greens.
- * 6 large yellow squash or zucchini may be sustituted. Cut in half lengthwise; cut halves crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Cook in boiling water to cover 5 minutes or until tender; drain, and cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Marinated Mirlitons, Artichokes, and Peppers Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers