Absolutely delicious. I served this as an appetizer for a dinner party and it was a huge hit. Very pretty in a glass bowl served with cheese and grapes. Has a great fresh and light taste-- perfect for summer entertaining. I will serve this again.
Marinated Lemon Shrimp With Olives
More From Southern Living
Chill: 4 Hours
- 1 pound unpeeled, large raw shrimp (31/40 count)
- 1 (5 3/4-oz.) jar pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives, drained
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 small red onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1. Bring 2 qt. water to a boil in a Dutch oven; add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Drain and rinse with cold water. Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein, if desired.
- 2. Whisk together vinegar and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Pour mixture into a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add shrimp, olives, onion, and lemon, turning to coat. Seal and chill 4 hours, turning occasionally. Drain mixture, discarding marinade. Place in serving bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes