Marinated Heirloom Tomato Salad
This marinated heirloom tomato salad is a delicious and colorful summertime side dish.
More From Sunset
Other: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 91
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 2.1g
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Sodium: 22mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds mixed firm-ripe heirloom or other tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil. Rinse and core tomatoes and slice 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick. Arrange in layers in an airtight container or on a serving dish, drizzling vinegar mixture and sprinkling mint, basil, salt, and pepper evenly over each layer.
- 2. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours. Bring to room temperature before serving.
If you're packing a picnic, assemble this salad right in the container you'll transport it in; otherwise, layer it on a serving platter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note