- 3 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds mixed firm-ripe heirloom or other tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- calories 91
- caloriesfromfat 54 %
- protein 2.1 g
- fat 5.4 g
- satfat 0.8 g
- carbohydrate 11 g
- fiber 3.2 g
- sodium 22 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil. Rinse and core tomatoes and slice 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick. Arrange in layers in an airtight container or on a serving dish, drizzling vinegar mixture and sprinkling mint, basil, salt, and pepper evenly over each layer.
Cover and chill at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours. Bring to room temperature before serving.
If you're packing a picnic, assemble this salad right in the container you'll transport it in; otherwise, layer it on a serving platter.