Marinated Grilled Vegetables
Notes: If making up to 2 days ahead, cover and chill. Bring to room temperature to serve.
This recipe goes with Marinated Grilled Vegetable Sandwiches
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 252
- Calories from fat: 75%
- Protein: 2.8g
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Sodium: 12mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 eggplant (3/4 lb.)
- 2 red bell peppers (1 lb. total)
- 1 red onion (1/2 lb.)
- About 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and pressed or minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Rinse eggplant and peppers; pat dry. Trim and discard eggplant stem; cut eggplant crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Peel onion and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Brush eggplant slices, peppers, and onion slices with about 2 tablespoons olive oil total.
- 2. Lay vegetables in a single layer on a barbecue grill over a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds); close lid on gas grill. Cook, turning as needed to char all sides, 8 to 12 minutes total. Transfer to a bowl; let stand until cool, about 15 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix 1/4 cup olive oil, vinegar, basil, and garlic.
- 4. Peel, stem, and seed peppers. Quarter lengthwise.
- 5. In a deep dish (at least 4-cup capacity), layer vegetables with herb marinade (using all the marinade) and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let stand 30 minutes to 4 hours, or cover and chill up to 2 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables