I threw in some zucchini and 8 oz. of whole mushrooms for more variety. Great marinade and excellent served with grilled Bourbon-Glazed Salmon!
Marinated Grilled Vegetables
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 78
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Protein: 2.6g
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sodium: 7mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light molasses
- 3 onions (6 oz. each)
- 2 pattypan squash (6 oz. each)
- 3 yellow zucchini (6 oz. each)
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers (1/2 lb. each)
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, mix vinegar, oil, shallots, oregano, and molasses.
- 2. Peel onions. Trim off and discard stem ends of pattypan squash and zucchini. Cut onions and pattypan into about 1 1/2-inch-wide wedges. Cut zucchini into 1 1/2-inch chunks.
- 3. Trim stems and seeds from peppers, then cut peppers into 1 1/2-inch squares.
- 4. Put all the vegetables in bowl with vinegar mixture and stir to coat. Cover and let stand at least 10 minutes or up to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 5. Lift vegetables from marinade and place in a wire grilling basket or thread vegetables onto thin metal skewers; leave marinade in bowl.
- 6. Lay vegetables on a barbecue grill over a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds). Close lid on gas grill. Turn vegetables as needed until browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 7. Put vegetables (push off skewers) back into marinade. Mix and serve vegetables warm or tepid; they can stand up to 2 hours. Add salt and pepper to taste.
A wire grilling basket makes the vegetables easier to manage.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This