This marinated grilled vegetable recipe is a family favorite. The squash, zucchini, and yellow pepers give this dish vibrant color with tons of flavor. Serve with grilled chicken or salmon for the ultimate meal.
Sunset JULY 1997
1. In a large bowl, mix vinegar, oil, shallots, oregano, and molasses.
2. Peel onions. Trim off and discard stem ends of pattypan squash and zucchini. Cut onions and pattypan into about 1 1/2-inch-wide wedges. Cut zucchini into 1 1/2-inch chunks.
3. Trim stems and seeds from peppers, then cut peppers into 1 1/2-inch squares.
4. Put all the vegetables in bowl with vinegar mixture and stir to coat. Cover and let stand at least 10 minutes or up to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
5. Lift vegetables from marinade and place in a wire grilling basket or thread vegetables onto thin metal skewers; leave marinade in bowl.
6. Lay vegetables on a barbecue grill over a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds). Close lid on gas grill. Turn vegetables as needed until browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Put vegetables (push off skewers) back into marinade. Mix and serve vegetables warm or tepid; they can stand up to 2 hours. Add salt and pepper to taste.
A wire grilling basket makes the vegetables easier to manage.
Go to Full Version of