This was a big hit at a book club party earlier this summer.Light, healthy but very flavorful.
Marinated Grilled Chicken Breast with Watermelon-Jalapeno Salsa
Sweet watermelon perfectly complements the earthy spices—oregano, chili powder, and cumin— used to marinate juicy chicken breasts.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 1 cup salsa)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 304
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 40.7g
- Carbohydrate: 15.9g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 108mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 540mg
- Calcium: 44mg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed seeded watermelon
- 1 cup (1/2-inch) cubed peeled ripe mango
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper (about 1 small)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator up to 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 5 minutes on each side or until done. Combine watermelon and remaining ingredients. Serve watermelon mixture with chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note