Really love the salsa. Have made this numerous times. Used cantaloupe also tonight because I had some, but followed the recipe for the salsa. Wonderful taste! Since time was crucial, used McCormick Jerk Seasoning on the chicken. Served on a bed of Zatarain's Rice Pilaf. The flavors were like eating at a Jamaican resort!
Marinated Grilled Chicken Breast with Watermelon-Jalapeno Salsa
Sweet watermelon perfectly complements the earthy spices—oregano, chili powder, and cumin— used to marinate juicy chicken breasts.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 1 cup salsa)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 304
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 40.7g
- Carbohydrate: 15.9g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 108mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 540mg
- Calcium: 44mg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed seeded watermelon
- 1 cup (1/2-inch) cubed peeled ripe mango
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper (about 1 small)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator up to 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 5 minutes on each side or until done. Combine watermelon and remaining ingredients. Serve watermelon mixture with chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes