- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup garlic-flavored wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 drops hot sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3- to 3 1/2-pound) broiler-fryer, quartered
How to Make It
Melt butter in a heavy saucepan. Add next 7 ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring vigorously. Pour sauce over chicken; cover, and marinate at least 4 hours in refrigerator.
Place chicken, skin side down, on grill over medium coals; reserve sauce. Grill 12 minutes; turn skin side up, and cook 12 minutes. Brush chicken with reserved sauce; grill an additional 40 minutes, basting and turning every 10 minutes.