Was excellent; definitely a keeper. Added additional garlic and dill since we love it. Great for company.
Marinated Green Beans and Tomatoes with Dill
Photo: Tina Rupp; Styling: Deborah J. Disabatino
- 3 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes (about 3 large), peeled, cored, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1. Cook beans, covered, in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water over high heat 10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Place dill and next 3 ingredients in a large heatproof glass bowl. Drain beans well, and add to dill mixture. Add olive oil, and toss well. Add tomato and onion, and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- 3. Remove beans from refrigerator, and let stand, covered, at room temperature 1 hour. Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and toss gently. Taste for seasoning, and add remaining lemon juice, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables