This really wasn't bad...I'm not a huge fan of green beans but this is one of the tastier ways I've found to prepare them. I didn't have wax beans so the proportion of potatoes was increased, although it still seemed small. I also fudged the amounts with the dressing but the combination of flavors was good - I expected it to need sugar to take the edge off the vinegar but it didn't. This is a nice change from boring potato salad so I'll keep this in mind in the future.
Marinated Green Bean and Potato Salad
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
This simple recipe combines elements of traditional bean and potato salads. Crumbled bacon provides a smoky accent.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 1 cup salad)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 86
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 3.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 208mg
- Calcium: 41mg
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 pound wax beans, trimmed
- 1/2 pound fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 center-cut bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Cook beans in boiling water 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge beans into ice water; drain.
- 2. Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until tender; drain. Return potatoes to pan over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons vinegar to pan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- 3. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle beans with vinegar mixture; toss well to coat. Place beans on a serving platter; arrange potatoes over beans. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, parsley, and bacon. Serve at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Marinated Green Bean and Potato Salad Recipe at a Glance