- 3 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 shallots, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grained mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 Red Delicious apples, thinly sliced
- Bibb lettuce
How to Make It
Cook green beans in boiling water to cover 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Plunge immediately into cold water to stop the cooking process; drain. Place in a zip-top plastic bag.
Process shallots and next 5 ingredients in a blender until smooth. Turn blender on high; add oil in a slow, steady stream. Pour over beans; seal and chill 8 hours, turning occasionally. Add apple, tossing to coat; drain.
Arrange beans and apple on a lettuce-lined plate.