Excellent flavor! Next time I'd make a few changes - the orecchiette stuck together while cooking so I'd use penne as the recipe suggests. And I'd be sure to cut all of the ingredients to the same general size. The pepperoncinis were way too large, as was the sausage. Overall, wonderful flavor that gets better with time. I used Trader Joe's Greek Feta dressing, which isn't a vinaigrette but still worked well.
Marinated Greek-Style Pasta
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 40 Minutes
- 1 (16-oz.) package orecchiette*
- 1/2 pound hard salami slices, cut into strips
- 1/4 pound assorted deli olives, pitted, drained, and cut in half
- 1 (7-oz.) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 6 pepperoncini salad peppers, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 1/2 cups bottled Greek vinaigrette with feta, divided
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold running water.
- 2. Toss together pasta, salami, and next 4 ingredients. Add 1 cup vinaigrette, and toss to coat. Cover and chill 2 to 24 hours.
- 3. Toss in tomatoes, parsley, and remaining 1/2 cup vinaigrette just before serving. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- *Penne pasta may be substituted.
We tested with De Cecco Orecchiette Pasta and Seeds of Change Certified Organic Greek Feta Vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note