We really liked it! A sweet and sour flavor and easy to make. It also tastes good 3-4 days later.
Marinated English Cucumber and Onions
If marinating overnight, slice the cucumber a bit thicker so it retains some crunch.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 3 Hours, 8 Minutes
- Calories: 51
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.9g
- Carbohydrate: 12.7g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 151mg
- Calcium: 25mg
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups (1/4-inch-thick) slices English cucumber
- 1 cup vertically sliced Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add sliced cucumber and onion, and toss well. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours, tossing occasionally.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note