We love the fresh taste of these marinated cucumbers!! Especially on hotdogs or bratwursts! Makes a lot, so perfect for a cookout.
More From Southern Living
Pre: 25 Minutes
Stand: 3 Hours
Chill: 4 Hours
- 4 large cucumbers (about 2 3/4 lb.), thinly sliced
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ice cubes
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1. Spread vegetables in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish; sprinkle evenly with salt. Cover with ice; let stand 3 hours or until cool and crisp. Drain and return to dish.
- 2. Bring sugar and next 5 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Let cool slightly. Pour mixture over vegetables. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or up to 5 days. Serve cold.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note