Nice Recipe :)
Marinated Chicken Cooked Under a Brick
The weight of foil-covered bricks helps the chicken cook evenly, leaving the breast moist and tender while the legs cook fully. We paired this Tuscan specialty with Red and Yellow Pepper Gratin. You can also serve it with a side of pasta tossed with chopped fresh rosemary and thyme.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 247
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 35.6g
- Carbohydrate: 1.7g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 420mg
- Calcium: 20mg
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4-pound) whole chicken
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the first 11 ingredients in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken. Trim excess fat. With a sharp knife or kitchen shears, remove the wings at the first joint; discard wings. Split chicken in half lengthwise. Remove and discard skin; pierce entire surface of chicken with a fork. Place chicken in the dish, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from dish; discard marinade. Coat chicken with cooking spray; sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
- Prepare grill for indirect grilling, heating one side to medium-high and leaving one side with no heat. Maintain temperature at 400°.
- Wrap 2 bricks with aluminum foil. Place chicken, breast side down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray on unheated side. Place 1 prepared brick on each chicken half. Cover and grill 1 hour or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165°. Carefully remove hot bricks; remove chicken from grill. Let chicken stand 5 minutes. Carve chicken.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This