Marinated Cheese Appetizers
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 52
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 5.2g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 163mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 (8-ounce) block part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) block reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fat-free Italian dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) French baguette
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Cut cheeses into 1/4-inch-thick slices; place slices in a 13- x 9-inch dish, overlapping slightly.
- Combine dressing and pepper; pour over cheese. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut baguette into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place on baking sheets. Bake at 350°° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted, turning once.
- Drain cheeses. Place 1 cheese slice on each bread slice. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
- Tip: To make ahead, marinate the cheese overnight in the refrigerator. Toast the bread a day ahead, and store it at room temperature. Assemble the appetizers right before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers