Marinated Cheese Appetizers
Yield: 44 appetizers (serving size: 1 appetizer)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 52
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 5.2g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 163mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 (8-ounce) block part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) block reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fat-free Italian dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) French baguette
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Cut cheeses into 1/4-inch-thick slices; place slices in a 13- x 9-inch dish, overlapping slightly.
- Combine dressing and pepper; pour over cheese. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut baguette into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place on baking sheets. Bake at 350°° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted, turning once.
- Drain cheeses. Place 1 cheese slice on each bread slice. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
- Tip: To make ahead, marinate the cheese overnight in the refrigerator. Toast the bread a day ahead, and store it at room temperature. Assemble the appetizers right before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note