- 1 (8-ounce) block part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) block reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fat-free Italian dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) French baguette
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- calories 52
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 2 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 3.5 g
- carbohydrate 5.2 g
- fiber 0.1 g
- cholesterol 7 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 163 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Cut cheeses into 1/4-inch-thick slices; place slices in a 13- x 9-inch dish, overlapping slightly.
Combine dressing and pepper; pour over cheese. Cover and chill 8 hours.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Cut baguette into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place on baking sheets. Bake at 350°° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted, turning once.
Drain cheeses. Place 1 cheese slice on each bread slice. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
Tip: To make ahead, marinate the cheese overnight in the refrigerator. Toast the bread a day ahead, and store it at room temperature. Assemble the appetizers right before serving.