This make ahead appetizer presents beautifully, especially at Christmas. You won't find another like it on the buffet table. The original recipe I had included 1 tsp of sugar..I always added 1 Tbsp of sugar for a nice sweet and savory flavor.
You can serve this flavorful cheese on whole wheat crackers, but it's just as good all by itself. It's a great dish for holiday entertaining because of its festive colors and make-ahead instructions.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 111
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 2.3g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 261mg
- Calcium: 123mg
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) block reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) package light cream cheese, chilled
- 1. Combine first 10 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- 2. Cut block of Cheddar cheese in half lengthwise. Cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Repeat procedure with cream cheese. Arrange cheese slices alternately in a shallow baking dish, standing slices on edge. Pour marinade over cheese slices. Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 8 hours.
- 3. Transfer cheese slices to a serving platter in the same alternating fashion, reserving marinade. Spoon marinade over cheese slices. Serve with whole wheat crackers (crackers not included in analysis).
- carbo rating: 2
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note