We found this marinade very oily, not acidic enough. Didn't like the taste combination. Would not make again.
Marinate cooked asparagus in olive oil seasoned with sugar, white balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes for a flavorful way to serve this popular vegetable.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus, and cook asparagus in boiling water to cover 3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender; drain.
- Plunge asparagus into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain. Arrange asparagus in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Whisk together olive oil, sugar, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and red pepper flakes until well blended; pour over asparagus. Cover and chill 8 hours. Drain before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note