Community Recipe from
- 4 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 whole(s) large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh basil, chopped and divided
- 5 clove(s) garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh oregano, chopped
- 3 can(s) 28oz sized crushed tomatoes
- 3 1/2 cup(s) water
- 6 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 pound(s) sweet Italian sausage links
- 1 pound(s) uncooked meatballs
- 1. Heat oil in a large stockpot for 30 seconds. Add onion and saute for 3 minutes. Add 1 tbsp. basil, garlic, and oregano. Saute for 1 minute.
- 2. Add tomatoes, water, sugar, and salt. Bring sauce to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and add sausage and meatballs.
- 3. Simmer for 3 to 4 hours, stirring occasionally to make sure nothing sticks to the pot. Remove meats to a platter. Stir in remaining basil. Taste and add salt, if needed.
- 4. Serve over pasta, adding meats and topping with Parmesan, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Marinara/Sunday Gravy Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes