Marinara Sauce a la DeLaurentis
Mainara sauce in Giada DeLauentis Cookbook
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) Olive Oil
- 2 bulb(s) small onions finely chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic finely chopped
- 2 stalk(s) celery finely chopped
- 2 stick(s) carrots peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground pepper freshly ground
- 2 can(s) 32 oz tomatoes crushed
- 2 bat leaves
- In a large pot, heat the oil over a medium high heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute until the onions are translucent about 10 minutes. Add the celery and carrots and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Saute the until the vegetables are soft about ten minutes.. Add the tomatoes and bay leaves and simmer uncovered over low heat until the sauce thickens, about 1 hour. Remove the bay leaves and discard. Season the with more salt and pepper to taste.(The sauce can be made one day ahead, refrigerate , rewarm over medium heat before using).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RandyHood and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Marinara Sauce a la DeLaurentis Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments