Three toppings are all that's needed to make fresh Margherita Pizza. With so few toppings, each one needs to be as flavorful as possible.
More From Allyou
Preheat: 45 Minutes
- Calories: 379
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 41g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Sodium: 425mg
- Cornmeal, for dusting
- 1 Pizza Dough or
- 1 Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 5 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 6 to 8 fresh basil leaves, optional
- 1. Place oven rack on lowest shelf. If you have a pizza stone, place it on rack. Preheat oven to 550°F, or the highest temperature your oven allows, for 45 minutes.
- 2. Dust a 14-inch-wide pizza peel with cornmeal, then flatten dough on top. Using lightly floured fingers or a floured rolling pin, stretch and roll dough into a 13- to 14-inch round. (Sprinkle peel with more cornmeal if necessary to make sure crust slides around easily; otherwise it will stick when you try to transfer it to oven.) Brush 1 Tbsp. oil over surface of crust.
- 3. Spoon sauce in a spiral over pizza, leaving a 1-inch border. Arrange cheese slices on top; be sure to leave a 1-inch border of crust.
- 4. Carefully slide pizza onto stone. Bake until crust is just slightly charred on top and golden on bottom (lift an edge of the pizza to check) and cheese is melted and bubbling, about 8 minutes. Using peel, transfer pizza to a cutting board. Drizzle remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil over pizza, if desired. Let pizza rest for a minute or 2, scatter basil leaves over top, if desired, then slice and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note