More From Oxmoor House
Other: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 238
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 9.8g
- Carbohydrate: 36.4g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 279mg
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Calcium: 157mg
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup warm water (100°to 110°)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add 2 1/2 cups flour, 1 tablespoon cornmeal, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt to yeast mixture. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes). Add enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands (dough will feel tacky).
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 50 minutes or until doubled in size. (Press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, the dough has risen enough.) Punch dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Roll dough into a 13-inch circle on a floured surface. Place dough on a baking sheet sprinkled with 1 tablespoon cornmeal. Crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim. Cover and let dough rise 15 minutes or until puffy. Combine cheeses; set aside. Combine parsley, garlic, and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Brush garlic mixture over dough. Top with 1 cup cheese mixture and tomato slices. Sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with basil. Let pizza stand 5 minutes. Cut into 8 slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This