Love this recipe even more every time I make it!
Margarita-Marinated Chicken With Mango Salsa
Jazz up a boring weeknight with this margarita-marinated chicken dish complete with mango salsa. Make sure the chicken marinates 2-6 hours before grilling.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 2 Hours
Grill: 12 Minutes
- 2 large limes
- 2 cups liquid margarita mix
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 tablespoons tequila (optional)
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- For Grilling No-Stick Spray
- Mango Salsa
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprig
- 1. Cut limes in half. Squeeze juice into a shallow dish or large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add squeezed lime halves to juice. Add margarita mix, next 4 ingredients, and, if desired, tequila. Whisk (or seal bag and shake) to blend. Add chicken; cover or seal, and chill at least 2 hours or up to 6 hours. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Set chicken aside.
- 2. Prepare rice according to package directions; keep warm.
- 3. Coat cold grill cooking grate with grilling spray; place on grill over medium heat (300°to 350°). Place chicken on grate.
- 4. Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, 6 minutes on each side or until done. Serve over hot cooked rice. Serve with Mango Salsa, and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note