Margarita-Key Lime Pie with Gingersnap Crust
Yield: Makes 1 (9-inch) pie
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Gingersnap Crust
- Garnishes: lime rind curls, sweetened whipped cream
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, 20 minutes or until temperature reaches 165°; remove from heat. Stir in lime rind; cool completely.
- Beat whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold into egg mixture. Spoon into Gingersnap Crust.
- Freeze 2 hours or until firm. Let stand 20 minutes before cutting. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Margarita-Key Lime Pie with Gingersnap Crust Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts