One of the favorites! We make a batch gluten free using GF flour - delicious!
Margarita Ice-Cream Sandwiches
Fresh lime zest and coarse sea salt mimic the flavors of a margarita in this treat that kids and adults will love.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 8 Hours
- Calories: 231
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Carbohydrate: 38.6g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 138mg
- Calcium: 74mg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 5 teaspoons grated lime rind, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 11.25 ounces all-purpose flour (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 cups vanilla reduced-fat ice cream, softened
- 2 cups lime sherbet, softened
- 1. Place butter and sugar in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add egg, 1 tablespoon lime rind, and lime juice; beat 2 minutes or until well combined.
- 2. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and 1/8 teaspoon table salt; stir with a whisk. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, and beat just until combined.
- 3. Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Shape each portion into a 6-inch log. Wrap logs individually in plastic wrap; chill 3 hours or until firm.
- 4. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 5. Cut each log into 16 (about 1/3-inch-thick) slices, and place 1 inch apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle the cookies evenly with remaining 2 teaspoons lime rind, turbinado sugar, and sea salt. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes on pans on a wire rack. Remove from baking sheets, and cool completely on wire rack.
- 6. Place vanilla ice cream and sherbet in a medium bowl; lightly fold and swirl together. Scoop 1/4 cup ice cream mixture onto bottom of one cookie, and top with one cookie. Cover each sandwich with plastic wrap; freeze 4 hours or until firm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts