These are DELICIOUS. Made them on two different occasions for dinner parties and guests who normally don't eat sweets totally devoured them. Yes, these are time consuming, but great when you want to highlight dessert in the summer.
Margarita Ice-Cream Sandwiches
Photo: Anna Williams; Styling: Pam Morris
More From Cooking Light
Total: 8 Hours
Amount per serving
- Calories: 231
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Carbohydrate: 38.6g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 138mg
- Calcium: 74mg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 5 teaspoons grated lime rind, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 11.25 ounces all-purpose flour (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 cups vanilla reduced-fat ice cream, softened
- 2 cups lime sherbet, softened
- 1. Place butter and sugar in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add egg, 1 tablespoon lime rind, and lime juice; beat 2 minutes or until well combined.
- 2. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and 1/8 teaspoon table salt; stir with a whisk. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, and beat just until combined.
- 3. Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Shape each portion into a 6-inch log. Wrap logs individually in plastic wrap; chill 3 hours or until firm.
- 4. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 5. Cut each log into 16 (about 1/3-inch-thick) slices, and place 1 inch apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle the cookies evenly with remaining 2 teaspoons lime rind, turbinado sugar, and sea salt. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes on pans on a wire rack. Remove from baking sheets, and cool completely on wire rack.
- 6. Place vanilla ice cream and sherbet in a medium bowl; lightly fold and swirl together. Scoop 1/4 cup ice cream mixture onto bottom of one cookie, and top with one cookie. Cover each sandwich with plastic wrap; freeze 4 hours or until firm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This