- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine-grained sea salt
- 2 teaspoons lime zest, chopped
- Vegetable oil
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas, each cut into 6 wedges
- Combine salt and lime zest.
- Pour oil to depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 350°. Fry tortilla wedges in small batches in hot oil about 30 seconds or until golden. Drain on paper towels; sprinkle with lime salt.
- Note: Homemade lime salt tastes fresher than packaged lime salt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Margarita Chips Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers, Hors d'Oeuvres, Breads, Snacks
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Make-Ahead, Portable/Picnic, Quick/Easy, 5 Ingredients or Less
- CUISINE: American, Southwest, Caribbean, Mexican, Cuban, Central/South American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Rice/Grains
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless, Gluten-Free
- COOKING METHOD: Fry
- OCCASION: Cinco de Mayo, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Super Bowl, Birthdays/Anniversaries
- PUBLICATION: Coastal Living