Ok so I read the other reviews and thought I should give it a try. Here's what I did and this came out GREAT! I marinated for 24 hours. I also used 1 Tbsp. salt and added 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar to make them a bit sweet. I knew this was going to take longer to cook because my oven doesn't reach 500, but only 400. So at 400 I let the chicken cook for 30 minutes on one side and then grilled the other side for no longer than 5 minutes. They had much flavor, we all loved them, and they came out golden brown-like the picture. I served with fries and green salad so the side dishes don't take away from the margarita flavor.
Margarita Chicken Wings
Photo: Thomas J. Story; Styling: Dan Becker
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 246
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Protein: 15g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Carbohydrate: 4.9g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 373mg
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- 10 chicken wings (about 2 lbs.)
- Margarita Marinade
- Lime wedges
- 1. Rinse wings, pat dry, and cut apart at joints. Put in a resealable plastic bag with marinade. Seal and refrigerate, turning occasionally, at least 3 hours and up to overnight. Remove wings; reserve marinade.
- 2. Preheat oven to 500°. Line a large baking pan with aluminum foil and coat lightly with oil. Arrange wings skin side up and brush with reserved marinade.
- 3. Bake wings until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Turn over, brush with marinade, and bake another 5 to 6 minutes. Turn once more, brush with marinade, and bake until skin is brown and glossy, 2 to 4 minutes. Serve warm, with lime wedges.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers