Margarita Beef Skewers
"These skewers are quick and easy to make and
taste terrific. With tender top sirloin, you don't need to marinate a
long time to tenderize the meat, just long enough to impart the flavors
of the citrus and garlic marinade. Serve over rice."
1 Hr 15 Min
Original Recipe Yield 8 skewers
* 1 cup margarita mix
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon white sugar
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* 1 pound top sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
* 8 metal skewers, or bamboo skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes
* 16 mushrooms, stems trimmed
* 1 onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
* 1 large red or green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
1. Combine margarita mix, salt, sugar, garlic, and
olive oil in a bowl or resealable plastic bag. Toss sirloin cubes in
marinade and marinate at least 30 minutes.
2. Preheat a grill for medium heat.
3. Assemble skewers, alternating meat with mushrooms,
onion, and bell pepper. Brush skewers with marinade, then discard the
remaining marinade. Grill skewers to desired doneness, about 10 minutes
total for medium.
Go to full version of