- 1 package dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (105° to 115°)
- 3 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) carton 50%-less-fat sour cream (such as Daisy)
- 1/3 cup butter or stick margarine, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons yellow sugar sprinkles
- 3 teaspoons green sugar sprinkles
- 3 teaspoons purple sugar sprinkles
- calories 161
- fat 3.9 g
- satfat 2.2 g
- protein 3.5 g
- carbohydrate 27.5 g
- cholesterol 29 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 109 mg
- caloriesfromfat 22 %
- fiber 0.6 g
- calcium 29 mg
How to Make It
Dissolve yeast in warm water in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl, stirring well. Combine sour cream, butter, and eggs, stirring well. Add dissolved yeast and sour cream mixture to dry ingredients. Beat at medium speed of a mixer 2 minutes or until smooth. Cover tightly, and chill 8 hours.
Divide dough in half; shape half of dough into 12 (2-inch) balls, smoothing out tops. Place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining dough. Cover and let rise 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Bake rolls at 350° for 12 minutes or until very lightly browned. Let cool on wire racks.
Combine powdered sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla in a bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until smooth. Combine sugar sprinkles in a small bowl. Spread 2 teaspoons frosting on each roll. Sprinkle each roll with 3/8 teaspoon of sugar sprinkles.